Edmonton Media Hive (EMH) is planning its 2018-2019 season and is inviting artists to submit proposals for learning opportunities related to media arts and music technologies. We will consider proposals for workshops, skill shares, and collaborative experimentation up to four hours in length and at any skill level, from beginner to advanced. If you can dream it up, design it, and teach/lead it, we’ll support you with the production—finding spaces with appropriate technologies, determining fees, promotion, etc.
- a short, but sufficiently detailed, description of your proposal(s)
- length and level of difficulty of learning event
- min/max number of learners
- technical requirements–what you will supply & what you need EMH to supply
- space or physical requirements
- short bio and/or CV, and contact info
- desired instructor fee
- suggested learner fee
- dates/times you are available
EMH strives to provide affordable and accessible learning opportunities to the community, but also ensures leaders/instructors are paid fairly. EMH does not receive any funding, so all costs, including the instructor fee, will be paid out of the fees charged to the learners. Keep this in mind when designing your proposal(s).
EMH also supports the goals of those folks who are under-represented/supported in the community, whether they be potential leaders/instructors or learners.
If you don’t lead/teach but know of someone who does, please share this call for proposals and encourage them to send us their ideas!!!
Deadline is August 3, 2018.